SEND US YOUR WINTER 2013 CATCH & RELEASE STEELHEAD PHOTO'S FOR THE DAILY REPORT PAGE & PHOTO GALLERY!!!! send them to email@example.com
On Monday we had sunny conditions in the morning along with cloudy conditions in the afternoon and the temperature reached near 40 degrees. The mild weather is expected to continue for today but winter will return on Wednesday. Yesterday the fishing pressure did increase, but that's to be expected with the low water and warm weather. Over the last few days the upper end of the river between Altmar and Pineville is getting the most fishing pressure, but is also holding the most fish. With the low water conditions the fish have been holding in the deeper holes and anglers have been getting into fish in both the upper and lower end of the river. Yesterday the Lower Fly Zone, Schoolhouse Pool, Wire Hole, Bovines, Trestle Pool, Refrigerator, Pineville, Sportsmans Pool, Papermill and DSR produced steady action. Anglers who are fly fishing have done well with nymphs in black, brown or olive and single egg patterns in pale colors. Anglers who are float fishing or bottom bouncing have done well with egg sacs, beads and pink worms.
SUGGESTED FLY PATTERNS:
- Sucker Spawn in pink, blue, orange, cerise, chart, egg. size 8.
- Glo-bugs in pink, chart, oregon cheese, orange. size10.
- Nuclear Egg in pink/ chart, orange/chart. size 10.
- Estaz eggs in blue, chart, pink, white, purple, orange. size 10.
- Black egg sucking leeches with red, orange chart head in size 2 - 6.
- Bunny Leeches in black, olive, pink or purple in size 2 - 6.
- Woolly Buggers in black, olive and white in size 4 - 8.
- Steelhead Stone in purple, red, orange. size 8.
- Black Flashback Nymph, size 6.
- Wiggle Stone in blue, chart, peacock, pink. size 10.
- Beadhead Stonefly in black, yellow, brown. size 10.
We have posted ANY open motel dates... on the Motel Info. Page for the Winter/Spring 2014 Steelhead season.
BUSINESS HOURS AS OF RIGHT NOW.
Monday - Saturday 6:00AM - 6:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 5:00PM.
LICENSE INFORMATION :
New Pricing Effective February 1, 2014.
Non-resident one day $10.00.
Non-resident seven day $31.00.
Non-resident season $50.00.