SEND US YOUR WINTER 2013 CATCH & RELEASE STEELHEAD PHOTO'S FOR THE DAILY REPORT PAGE & PHOTO GALLERY!!!! send them to email@example.com
On Thursday we started out at 10 below zero first thing in the morning, but with blue skies and plenty of sunshine the temperature reached into the 20's in the afternoon. With the cold temp's slush ice was a factor in the lower end of the river in the morning, but it did clear late in the afternoon. The good news is that the weather shows some improvement with warmer temp's as we head into the upcoming weekend. Yesterday the few anglers we spoke with reported getting into fish in the upper end of the river between Altmar and Pineville. With the low water conditions the fish have been holding in the deeper holes. The Lower Fly Zone, Schoolhouse Pool, Wire Hole, Bovines, Trestle Pool, Refrigerator, Pineville and Sportsmans Pool has produced steady action on a daily basis. Anglers who are fly fishing have done well with nymphs in black, brown or olive and single egg patterns in pale colors. Anglers who are float fishing or bottom bouncing have done well with egg sacs, beads and pink worms.
SUGGESTED FLY PATTERNS:
- Sucker Spawn in pink, blue, orange, cerise, chart, egg. size 8.
- Glo-bugs in pink, chart, oregon cheese, orange. size10.
- Nuclear Egg in pink/ chart, orange/chart. size 10.
- Estaz eggs in blue, chart, pink, white, purple, orange. size 10.
- Black egg sucking leeches with red, orange chart head in size 2 - 6.
- Bunny Leeches in black, olive, pink or purple in size 2 - 6.
- Woolly Buggers in black, olive and white in size 4 - 8.
- Steelhead Stone in purple, red, orange. size 8.
- Black Flashback Nymph, size 6.
- Wiggle Stone in blue, chart, peacock, pink. size 10.
- Beadhead Stonefly in black, yellow, brown. size 10.
We have posted ANY open motel dates... on the Motel Info. Page for the Winter/Spring 2014 Steelhead season.
BUSINESS HOURS AS OF RIGHT NOW.
Monday - Saturday 6:00AM - 6:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 5:00PM.
LICENSE INFORMATION :
New Pricing Effective February 1, 2014.
Non-resident one day $10.00.
Non-resident seven day $31.00.
Non-resident season $50.00.