December 08 2017
On Thursday we had scattered lake effect snow showers in the morning, nothing significant just a couple inches. The heaviest band of lake effect snow stayed north of us. Overall not a bad day to be on the water, the temperature did reach into the mid 30's and more of the same is expected for today. The water level did come up with the rain from earlier in the week, but right now the river is in good shape and anglers are fishing. Yesterday the upper end of the river between Altmar and Pineville had the most fishing pressure. Anglers who were fly fishing had the most success with nymphs and egg patterns. The fish were holding along the inside seams and softer water along the edges of the deeper holes and larger runs. In the mid to lower section of the river the anglers who had the most success were bottom bouncing with egg sacs or float fishing with blue and pink egg sacs or beads. Anglers reported getting into a mix of fresh fish as well colored up fish.
Monday - Thursday 6:00AM - 6:00PM.
Friday & Saturday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Wiggle stone in peacock, blue, pink, chart. size 10
- Steelhead stone in purple, orange, red. size 8
- Steak-n-eggs in pink, orange, chart. size 10
- Beadhead stone in black, brown, golden. size 8
- Crystal meth in orange, pink, chart. size 10
- Sucker spawn, in white, peach, cream, pink, blue. size 8
- Estaz egg in pink, white, orange, chart, blue. size 10
- Woolly buggers in black/olive, peacock, grizzly, brown. size 8