September 14 2020
Over the past week the most action continues to be in the lower end of the river with small numbers of fish. With the low water conditions the fish have been holding in the deeper holes. Anglers have reported some fish in the upper end of the river in the deep holes but most anglers have been focussing on the lower end in the Ball Park, Town Pool, Staircase, Black Hole and DSR. The best action has been during the week first thing in the morning and later in the day when you have less anglers on the water. In and around the weekends the fishing pressure has increased and with the low water the fish have been less active with more anglers on the water. We did have some scattered showers on Sunday but not enough to change the water level.
With the recent low water conditions the Lower Fly Fishing Catch & Release Area will be closed from September 15th through October 31, 2020. Drought conditions have produced low and warm water conditions, therefore the Lower Fly Fishing Area will remain closed in order to help ensure an adequate Pacific Salmon egg take at the Salmon River Hatchery during the fall 2020 spawning season. Any questions or concerns contact the Region 7 Fisheries office at 607-753-3095 x 204.
- Woolly buggers in black, white, olive. size 2-6
- Bunny leeches in black and olive. size 4
- Estaz eggs in blue, chart, orange, pink, purple. size 6
- Steelhead hammer in red, black, purple, blue. size 8
- Egg sucking leeches in black or purple. size 4
- Estaz stones in blue, red, purple, chart. size 6.
- UV Tarantula eggs in purple, orange, blue, chart. size 4
Monday - Thursday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
Friday & Saturday 6:00AM - 8:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.