November 16 2017
Please check the waterline for the latest update, the water level has come down. On Thursday we had cloudy conditions with scattered rain showers and the temperature reached into the mid 40's. With the recent drop in water level the number of anglers on the water increased and we got reports throughout the river. The majority of anglers we spoke with reported getting into fish and the best reports were from the upper and lower end of the river. The upper end of the river between Altmar and Pineville has been getting the most fishing pressure on a daily basis. If your looking for some solitude the mid to lower end of the river would be a good choice. Anglers who were bottom bouncing or float fishing did very well with egg sacs. Anglers who were fly fishing in the lower end of the river had success with egg patterns under a strike indicator. In the upper end of the river anglers who were fly fishing had success with pale colored single egg patterns and nymphs.
Monday - Thursday 6:00AM - 6:00PM
Friday & Saturday 6:00AM - 7:00PM
Sunday 6:00AM -5:00PM
- Steelhead stone in orange, red, purple. size 8
- Steak-n-eggs in orange, pink, chart. size 10
- Steelie omelet in peach, cerise, chart. size 8
- Sucker spawn in cerise, pink, chart, blue. size 8
- Steelhead bugger in size 6.
- Beadhead stonefly in black, brown, yellow. size 8.
- Bunny leeches in white, black, olive. size 6
- Flesh fly in size 6.