October 23 2020
Over the last couple of days we did pick up some much needed rain. The recent rain did cause some runoff on the main river which helped move some fish around. The recent rain also helped get some kings into some of the smaller local tributaries. Anglers in the lower end of the river have been getting into a mix of kings and steelhead. Anglers in the mid to upper end of the river have been getting into mostly kings but have reported a few steelhead showing up. The kings have been spawning in and around the gravel areas of the river and dead drifting with egg patterns has been the most productive. In the Upper Fly Zone anglers have been getting into mostly kings along with a few cohos. This past week was the first week that the crowd has thinned out, but that could change as we head into the weekend.
Monday - Thursday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
Friday & Saturday 6:00AM - 8:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Estaz eggs in chart, pink, blue, white, size 6.
- Glo bugs in oregon cheese, chart, pink, orange, size 6.
- Sucker Spawn in cream, white, chart, pink, blue, size 6.
- Woolly buggers in black, olive, white, peacock, grizzly, size 6.
- Egg sucking leeches in black or purple, size 6.
- Rubber legged stoneflies in gold or black, size 6.