October 09 2017
Over the holiday weekend we had nice weather and anglers did well throughout the river. Above average temperatures are expected over the next couple of days. The fish are spread out in the river from top to bottom and anglers have been getting into fish in the lower, middle and upper end of the river. Anglers in the Upper & Lower Fly Zone have been getting into a mix of kings and cohos with pale colored egg patterns producing steady results. Black egg sucking leeches with a pink or chartreuse head as well as brown or olive woolly buggers have also been producing steady results. Anglers in the lower end of the river have been getting into mostly kings and a few cohos in the Ballpark, Town Pool, Longbridge/Staircase, Black Hole and DSR. Anglers have reported that the salmon are spawning in the gravel areas of the mid to upper section of river. Just a reminder that if your in town this week, the hatchery will begin collecting salmon eggs on Tuesday October 10th.
Monday - Thursday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
Friday & Saturday 5:00AM - 8:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Glo bugs in egg, oregon cheese, baby pink. size 6
- Steelhead stone in red, orange, purple. size 6
- Estaz stone in peacock, rootbeer, red. size 6
- Black egg sucking leeches in size 2-6.
- Woolly buggers in olive, brown, black, grizzly size 2-6
- Zonkers in white, black, olive size 6
- Flesh fly in size 4-6