October 13 2017
Over the last couple of days anglers have been able to get into some salmon at some of the smaller local tributaries. At the Salmon River we still have salmon spread out in the river from top to bottom, with the upper section of river holding the biggest concentration of fish. Anglers in the Upper & Lower Fly Zone have been getting into a mix of kings and cohos with egg patterns and egg sucking leeches or woolly buggers producing the best results. Anglers have reported salmon spawning in the gravel areas of the mid and upper section of river. In the lower end of the river anglers are still getting into some salmon but the numbers have slowed down from what we were seeing. The anglers we spoke with who are fishing the lower end of the river have also reported getting into some steelhead.
Monday - Thursday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
Friday & Saturday 5:00AM - 8:00PM.
Sunday 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Sucker spawn in oregon cheese, cream, pink, chart. size 6.
- Estaz eggs in blue, orange, pink, chart. size 6
- Estaz stoneflies in rootbeer, red, peacock. size 6
- Glo-bugs in chart, pink, egg, orange. size 6-10
- Black egg sucking leeches in size 2-6.
- Woolly buggers in white, olive, brown, black. size 6
- Steelhead bugger in size 6.
- Bunny leeches in olive or black. size 6
- Steelhead stone in red, orange, purple. size 6